Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chapter 6 Reading Reflection

What I learned?

 Chapter six discusses the importance of information management and why it's a necessity when teachers and students utilize learning  resources provided by educational websites and other online sources.  This is known as digital content  which helps to manage information electronically and teach the schools curriculum. This chapter also talks about how A teacher can create their own standards using standards connector. This is a collection of web resources that facilitate teaching required topics. What i found to be most interesting and beneficial about this chapter were all the educational websites they list and describe. I could definitely see how these sites could someday be very useful as a helpful tool for someday when i become a teacher. 

What I Wonder?

 I often times have difficulties organizing information electronically and as a natural instinct will typically write any information i need to know down on paper. This chapter was very helpful in giving me ideas on how to do so, I'm just curious as to what strategy will work best and be easy enough for me to understand. 

Quiz Contribution: Short Answer

What are the six main type educational websites for teachers?
Answer: lesson plan websites, student-to-expert communication websites, real-time and recorded data websites, archival and primary source websites, skills/practice websites, and exploration and discovery websites 

No comments:

Post a Comment